Shenker, John - Root Cellar
Clear Fork Township
Arched cellar built into raised mound. It's located to north of apparent abandoned wood frame house near boarder of Pottawatomie and Marshall counties, just outside of Spring Creek township. A number of other out buildings and barn are also present on property. There is a date of 1905 above the bottom entry way to the cave. This would likely be one of the last built from native stone in this area. Concrete would be the go to material by 1910. It shows signs of having been plastered. It seems to have been used as a storm shelter by the more recent occupants. The cave walks up to the east and measures 14'(L)7'(W)x7'(H).