Schwyn, Henry - Root Cellar
This arched cave is just inside the boundary of the Fort Riley Military Reservation and was annexed during the 1940's expansion. It is built under a pronounced mound that seems to have been a foundation for another building which is located just to the south of the foundation of the house itself. There are several other foundations of structures scattered all over the surrounding forest. It faces east and measures 11'(L)x8'(W)6'(H).